5 Tips to Help You Choose the Perfect Color Rug for Your Home
Brightening a home with a new rug is an easy way to spice up any room but bold color or pattern can be can be unnerving to design around. If you find the rug that goes with your room with stunning color or patterns, then there are ways you can work with it.
Take a look at our top 5 tips to help you choose the color that’ll work perfectly with your decor:
- Know How The Color Can Make You Feel – Colors can influence a person in different ways, depending on our individual circumstances and cultural backgrounds. You can understand this when you enter a room, you take notice of the colors and the way these colors make you feel. Once you understand the effect of colors, you can easily create office space by adding a designer rug or add a modern rug for a restful haven.
- Color Scheme – While choosing a new rug it is important to look at the whole room and get a complete idea of its existing color scheme. Look at the colors used in the room and the colors of the furniture. Understand how colors work together and about the primary, secondary and highlight colors. How the colors work together is integral to deciding on the color scheme for the room and the perfect room for space.
- Light or Shadow – The way the color of your rug is perceived depends on the light and shadow in a room. During the day, the intense sunlight can change the appearance of the color. The color of the rug can look completely different during the different time of the day. At sunrise, the warm glow of the sunlight makes the color of the rug warm too. To make sure you get the right color, look where the light touches your room and where the shadows fall.
- Monochrome Style – Different color options can sometimes feel overwhelming. If you feel this way, keep things simple and repeat. Try using the same hue with different shades throughout the space, this is an easy way to pull a room together. Do consider the size of the room for a monochrome scheme, if the room is large a bright color like red may feel a little intense. Colors like blues and greens can work in any space, be it large or small.
- Your style and preference – WOur home is the representation of our unique taste. The design of your rooms should express your style, the choice of the rug should fit that style to compliment your unique personality.Whether you love solid colors for a bold appearance or you prefer modern style choosing the right according to your style will make a perfect choice for your room.
Rugs Beyond’s huge range of Area Rugs in Mississauga will make it easy for you to find the best rug fit for your home.